Apr 3, 2008

Stuffed Chicken Minced Steak with Mushroom Sauce


When I decided to make this dish I had thought it would be extremely time consuming but the whole meal was ready within an hour... the meal comprised of chicken steak with herbed cheese filling ,doused with mushroom sauce and steamed vegetables with rice.This recipe is adapted from Nita Mehta's Non veg Continental collection.90% of cookery books that I own are of Nita Mehta and till date none of her recipes have gone wrong.I learnt Continental cooking from her books and her recipes are modified to suit Indian conditions....keeping in mind the climate,taste and most important easy availability of ingredients.Her recipes have always evoked admiration and praises in my cocktail and dinner parties and I started enjoying continental cooking with confidence.So here's a delicious and hearty meal for chicken lovers!

You need: For Mince Steaks
300 gm boneless chicken breasts or chicken mince
1/2 onion chopped very finely
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
some fresh bread crumbs(remove sides and grind 1 slice of bread in a mixer)
1tsp worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
For filling:
4-5 tbsp mozzarella Cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp fresh parsley or 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
For Mushroom sauce:
1 tbsp butter
3-4 mushrooms finely chopped
1 and 1/2 tbsp flour
1 1/4 cups hot water mixed with 1 stock cube( I used mushroom seasoning cube)
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp tomato sauce
pepper to taste
Method:1.Grind the chicken to a mince in a food processor for a few seconds...grind the mince if you have ready made mince .
2. Combine everything under steaks and mix well.
3.Mix all ingredients of the filling.
4. Form 6 balls from the mince mixture,flatten each ball and put a tbsp of herbed cheese and shape into a ball and flatten to form 6 steaks.Refrigerate till the time of serving.









5.To prepare the sauce,fry the mushrooms in butter until golden brown,add the flour and fry on low heat until brown.remove from heat and mix the hot water with the stock cube and add to the mushrooms.Add tomato puree and sauce. Return to fire,boil,cook stirring continuously for 3 mins or till thick.Add pepper to taste.
6.To serve heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and cook the steaks in low heat for 8-10 minutes.Keep turning sides and press the steaks occasionally so that steaks get cooked from inside and also turn brown on both the sides.Transfer the steaks to a serving platter.Pour hot mushroom sauce over them.

Accompany the steaks with steamed veggies and some rice.
I loaded the steamer with veggies and rice while I cooked the steaks and served the veggies with lemon juice ,salt and pepper sprinkled on them.


I loved the sight of herbed cheese oozing out from the steak


21 comments:

  1. hey thanks S,
    ur recipes are delicious..
    ur blog music too.. its soooothing.. zzzz.. im dreaming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ought to try that herb-cheese filling in aloo tikkis...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love steamed veg, The steak is gooey and tempting me a lot especially the last pic , wonderful platter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last pic! I'm all about anything with cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!looks wonderful:))love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks delicious. Last picture of oozing cheese looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stuffed chicken patties look really tasty! The mushroom sauce just send this dish over the top...mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. shaswati, this looks delicious :) and the mushroom sauce with the stuffed chicken must have been super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like one of those platter meals in a restaurant...and i mean that as a compliment....lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anjali thanx alot you like my recipes and music:)

    Lavanyaa thats a wonderful idea...even i am going to do that.

    Cham, kalai,Meera and Dhivya thank you .
    i also live the last pic:)

    Kevin yes the mushroom sauce does compliment the steaks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mandira...thanx for visiting my space..iam honoured and yes it indeed was tasty:)

    Arundhati thankx for the compliment...means alot to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks really delicious!!! By the way nice music on your blog :)

    http://homecooked.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness this really looks so delicious!!! Chicken and mushroom sauce just such great flavours going on mmmmm...

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So do I love it - the cheese oozing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. saswati.I was so hungry I looked at ur chicken pattie again. Couldn't resist myself. I have got mince now. I am going to try out soon.
    Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great recipe & so wonderful to look at. YUM! BTW, forgot to mention the yellow (it's on now)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A well-balanced plate of deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the chicken Patties , I guess it would be great starters for Parties also ...
    and Home cooked virtually snatched words out of my mouth ..great music on ur blog ..
    Hugs and smiles
    jaya

    ReplyDelete
  19. Home thanx alot

    Rosie yes chicken and mushroom go so well together.

    Sagari and Sra thanks

    Shibani do let me know how it turned out.

    Deeba a compliment from you is agr8 achievement for me

    Cynthia thanx so much for taking out time to visit my site

    Jaya yes we can use it as starters without the sauce and nice you liked the music:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What delicious dish is this!
    Nice to see you, thanks for letting me know about your wonderful recipes..
    Will come back to see more from you,Saswati.. :)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS

Related Posts with Thumbnails